Friday, January 7, 2011

Bon Weekend - A bouquet fit for a giant.

I had another post written up but decided to go with this burst of color for today. Vintage brooch bouquets have become increasingly popular with brides these days. I just happened to be searching through the favorite photos of various photographers on Flickr last night and I stumbled upon photos of the Flower Tree in Place Antonin Poncet. It is the work of Korean artist Choi Jeong-Hwa, and was installed during the Biennale of Contemporary Art in Lyon, in 2003. The sculpture is made of stainless steel and painter with a polyester resin, measures 6 meters with a total of 85 flowers of polyester resin. There is another tree in Shanghai. It was his in concept, but it was not built or designed by him.

From what I can gather, it then traveled for a couple of years before taking permanent residence back in Lyon.

The Flower Tree by Choi Jeong-Hwa
The Flower Tree by Choi Jeong-Hwa
{ Both photos taken by Flickr user Simon Downham. Click on images to view larger. }

Oh, and I was very excited to finally got to see photos of my friend Suzanne's DIY brooch bouquet yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment