Friday, November 19, 2010

Bon Weekend - I pulled a Clark Griswold in the attic this week...

I had to take five from this project I've been working on in order to move stuff that has long needed to go up into attic before family arrives next week. It has a tricky little walkway from the main landing to a wider open area for storage. Now, I'm not sure who the braintrust was who decided to give the walkway a narrower plank, but not 15 minutes after I gripped I slipped and my leg fell through the ceiling, right next to the light/fan housing. Good news is that I missed a metal piece protruding from the light box that easily would have sliced open the back of my leg. Bad news is that we've had to cut out part of the ceiling to patch it before my uncle gets here next week.I'm going to have a whopper bruise on my inner thigh.I've been laughing my ass off since.

If only I had been wearing my headpiece, gloves and coat while I was traipsing around up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment