Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stu-Stu-Studio

We've started the slow process of unpacking our belongings. We spend time in one room, then head to another, and so on. I have been itching to get my studio unpacked, as I need to get back to work. I have a design/website project on hold and I need to make/finish several new pieces. I took some before shots but won't share them until we've made more progress. Now, none of the upstairs rooms have ceiling fans. It baffles my mind how anyone could live here in the 'warm' months without them! I can agree with many that fans can be a bit of a challenge to live with, aesthetically speaking. On one hand they provide much needed relief in air movement and power bills, but on the other hand they can be quite an eye sore. Apartment Therapy and Design*Sponge both featured articles on ceiling fans recently. There are some absolutely gorgeous fans available. Some reach deep in the pockets and some are very reasonable. We hit Lowe's today and scored some lighting and circulation for my space today. We brought home four lights and had to order the fan. We decided to order a second for Michael's space. I think it will fit in perfectly.

Michael is definitely going for a vintage lab/science room look for his space, and I eventually want to bring in more vintage elements into mine. I think I'm off to a good start.

Studio Accents

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I ADORE that pendant! What great values they are too. I'm happy to see Lowes turning out some good design at a decent price.

Did you happen to see this one in person?
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=157380-22685-6150-98&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=1215999&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=sim&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
It looks great in pictures. But I always wonder how them look in person.

Erin said...

Both of those are awesome, they remind me a bit 1930's aeronautical engineering and the closing scene of Casablanca - which is a super good thing!

Evita said...

Thanks Erin!

Lindsey, I am so happy to see them stepping up as well! Oh dang, I totally forgot to mention that if you buy 4 or more of the pendants, you get a contractor pack price. It brought it down to just under $32.00 a light and the fan was $69.00 in store.

Somehow I missed the one you linked to. I'm thinking it might have been for the better. :)

Post a Comment