Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pickled Southerner

My post the other day where I admitted that I have no love for Azaleas could be tantamount to blasphemy by some. I think I could even hear a faint, "Well bless her heart!". The passion I exhibit in my disdain for that lowly member of the rhododendron family can be equaled in my love for pickled foodstuffs. Cucumbers, beets, okra, carrots, garlic, jalapeƱos (yeah I eat them solo), watermelon rinds, etc. The hotter the better in my book!

Thanks to a lovely lady at the farmers market we currently have garlic, beets, carrots, and cucumbers in the fridge. I was eyeing some fresh okra at the booth where we got our cukes and tomatoes but got sidetracked by the goat cheese. I make some darn fine pickled okra, if I'm allowed to say. I used give them out as gifts along with homemade hummus and salsa.

Time to pick up some mason jars after the move.

No comments:

Post a Comment