Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Heirloom Romance

I see things around the house and imagine how it would look as either wedding or event decor. So, in the spirit of reuse I decided to challenge myself to create little vignettes using only items found around the house or in the yard. That means china, glasses, vases, trinkets and even scraps of fabric from my studio as well as using the abundance of nature. It also makes for something beautiful to pull cherished familial elements into one's celebration.

I started this project last fall and these were taken in early October. We hope to get another photo shoot finished before we move that will actually feature us.

This is a guest book table scene. We used our guest book which was an old photo album we found in the attic that appears to have never been used. I made a new sign from our invitation layout. We still had leftover sandwich boards. The table cloth is the from the same linen yardage we used for Michael's coat. The black box is the old Babbitt box my grandfather kept at their house. My grandmother painted the birds. The lotus bowl came from my mother, the silver flower pin came from Colombia, the tea cup was a gift to my grandmother, the carriage clock was purchased in Paris by my great grandfather as a gift to my great grandmother on their honeymoon, in the late 1800's. The fleur-de-lis cloche is a modern piece.

The Carew Rice scene is an original and one of our beloved tumblers also makes an appearance. My parents received a set of them as a wedding gift, 54 years ago.

Guestbook table

Guestbook table



Guestbook table

Guestbook table

Guestbook table

Guestbook table

Guestbook table

No comments:

Post a Comment